Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fresh Start

So it's been awhile, obviously.  I fell off of the Weight Watchers train for a solid month.

Or more like, the train derailed, crashed into six buildings, and exploded into fiery disaster.

But, I'm here, and life goes on.  I have gained a few pounds, but nothing that I can't handle.  I've really been analyzing my mindset over the past week, because not once since I started this journey in January 2009 have I "not cared" as much as I did for the past month.  I ate out, whatever I wanted.  I ate random fast food on different occasions, stuff I didn't even really like.  I've hardly cooked.

So what happened?  I don't know if I can attribute it to stress or burnout or just giving up?

I'm moving in two weeks, and feel like I have to go out all the time and spend as much time with friends here as possible.  But why does that have to ALWAYS involve food?  It doesn't.  I just somehow convince myself that it does.

But, after a week or two of feeling like total crap, I'm re-energized.  I've also decided to take a bit of a different approach to my workouts and try P90x.  I want to do P90x as well as keep up biking/running/swimming as much as possible, but doing those more for fun than as a "workout".

I'll be living in Colorado this summer, which naturally makes me want to spend as much time outdoors as possible.  I know I'll be getting lots of exercise just in daily routine.

I'm tired of feeling so horrible when I don't take care of myself.  So, here we go... new mindset, fresh start, and besides: I pretty much ate every food that I have limited over the past year + in just the past month... so I shouldn't have any horrible cravings for awhile, right?  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment