Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Why thank you, scale.

This week's weigh in:  +.6 lbs
Total lost: 54.2 lbs


Yes, I gained today.  And yes, I'm thankful.  Why?  Lots of reasons.  First off, I'm thankful that after the ridiculous amount of unhealthy food I've consumed in the past week, I've only gained .6 of a pound.  I'm also thankful that I DID have a gain, because there's no motivation in rewarding negative behavior.

I've spent the past hour looking at progress pictures of many people I've met on the Weight Watchers message boards, as well as other random people who have posted their amazing progress in various places online.  Other than possibly my own success, there is absolutely nothing more motivating to me than seeing the success of others.

Today at my meeting, my leader Carol pulled me aside after I weighed in.  She handed me a form for Weight Watchers "Role Model of the Year" contest, and told me that she would like to nominate me.  I can't explain just how good this made me feel.  She has been an essential part of my entire journey so far, and to know that she believes in me and my success enough to nominate me for something like this makes me so happy.  They choose 6 grand prize winners for the contest that get to go to New York City, get a makeover, clothes, etc, and then are featured in an issue of Weight Watchers magazine!  That would be pretty awesome, so let's all hope I win!

When things get frustrating and difficult, all of these things are a reminder of why its worth it to put the effort in every day to make myself healthier.

2 comments:

  1. everyone deserves a vacation and you've clearly earned it! that is so amazing that you're being nominated for the award- you already have my vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should start a tumblr that auto-blogs these so I remember to read them, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete